In January, we had a wonderful Planning Meeting for Hand Crafting for Christ! There was a lot of good input from members. Thank you! Here are two important suggestions that were agreed upon by the members:
1. Workshops need to be structured. We will continue to meet on the 2nd Saturday of each month from 9:30am – 2pm. Occasionally, scheduling at the church requires us to change the date. For example, next month there is an event scheduled that requires us to change the meeting to March 5th. So please note the change!
- From 9:30 – 10am will be social time where we can visit with each other and gush over all the beautiful items our sisters have made.
- At 10am we will have a devotional time with prayer.
- At approximately 10:15 we will start our instructional time.
We’ve had a routine for our meetings, but we’re now making it ‘official’.
2. We will alternate between sewing/quilting Lessons and crochet/knitting Lessons each month. There are some who want to benefit from both classes and this way they can. When one of us (Teresa or Kathy) is teaching, the other can be helping with ongoing projects you may need a little extra help with.
** Please note, you may bring any project to work on each month!
** In February, we will be having a Crochet Lesson, then in March a Quilting Lesson!
In February’s crochet lesson, we are learning a new stitch – the Trinity Stitch. This pattern stitch is easy to do. We will be making the Ribbons Prayer Wrap for Riverview Hospital’s Oncology Unit. Ribbons of color are visually appealing in this rectangular wrap. It is fully reversible. The texture of the trinity stitch enhances the colors you choose. Be creative in selecting your main color. Choose a variegated yarn as the main color and four different colors to complement or contrast with it like the wrap in the picture. Or, ribbons in two colors are striking, too!
What you need to bring:
* A total of 25-28 ounces of worsted weight (Group 4) yarn
* Size H/8 and size I/9 crochet hooks
* Large-eye blunt end yarn needle
We will be ‘playing’ with Novelty fabric, and making “I-Spy” type quilts! These will be delightful for babies and toddlers! There will be several patterns available, for both beginners and more experienced quilters. More details to come!